2293120236_5729ccf796

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Week 1.5...A Brief Stop in Baltimore

On my way to a workshop in Washington DC this weekend I decided to stop at what I consider to be the 8th wonder of the world, The Baltimore Aquarium. Let me tell you, there is nothing like smoking some fine Canadian Oregano and watching the sharks swim by. After a quick nap behind the sea urchin tank I popped in to the gift shop and picked up a lovely plastic back-scratcher shaped like the jaws of a shark, then a quick walk to the Baltimore Convention Center to "borrow" some wi-fi internet access.

I am delighted my new blog is such a hit! Unfortunately today I only had time to answer one of your questions, but don't worry, I will be able to get back to each & every one of you this weekend!



Q: Dear DrGoldenbeaver.
You may remember me , Bethia used to be half of Bethia and Elvis , we did your tantric sex course in Austin tx and met afterwards for coffee at the Ihop next door,you signed my tummy .
I have a problem ,I have an obsession with platic canvas ash trays ever since I fell i love with Elvis Smith ,he would have many dotted throughout the house for his Canadian Oregano,the anticipation of will it wont it go on fire took our love life to tantric heights .Sadley he left me for Senga Cuthieblythe the cashier at my local piggly wiggly ,what can i do i am distraught and have smouldering plastic canvas all over the house .
waiting in desperation Bethia Breastie
p.s potpouri does not help


Bethia,
Anyone who would burn the magnificent art that is Plastic Canvas is a true cretin. You are lucky to be rid of him. I would love to have you join me at my next workshop in Austin, "The Erotic Pleasures of Plastic Canvas." It would be my honor to introduce you to some of the single men who will be in attendance.

...and Seriously? What sort of name is "Senga Cuthieblythe"? That is the most ridiculous name I have ever heard.

Dr. Sedgwick Goldbeaver

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh it was so very exciting to meet you today, Dr. Goldbeaver! And it was even more exciting when you complimented me on my fine yellow pants. I love them! I bought them on eBay - I buy everything on eBay! It's the best place for Blythe couture, you know.

Anonymous said...

Oh, The Back Scratcher sounds delightful.... it serves a purpose, yet has a sense of whimsy....

My question, Dr. Goldbeaver....

I recently returned from a long flight home from the *other* coast... subjected, the entire way to the tortured screams of a small infant girl.

While, I must agree, it is not the baby's fault she is unhappy with flying... but please, explain to me Dr. Goldbeaver, how can I help myself to come to tolerate such unbelievable noise????

And at what age is it appropriate for children to travel on planes... would you suggest any restrictions on length of flight... medications for use prior to and during the flight... for the child, or the neighboring passengers.

Why do people subject innocent strangers to their whims.....

It was not only the baby... the person to my right... smelled as if she had tended a fire at a burning cigarette factory.... and the one in front... had bathed in an inexpensive cologne... what should I do....

Anonymous said...

You are brilliant. Everything you say is brilliant. I put your photo on my wall.

Will you be at DragonCon if I go?


P.S. I bought a copy of the book you self-published it 1972 and it is pure GOLD. Nuggets of wisdom almost as if Yoda himself had written it. Everyone should have a copy.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Goldbeaver,


About 2 years ago I attended one of your seminars where you also displayed your wide variety of plastic canvas birdhouses. Well, I loved them and bought one. It was so wonderful that I had to know exactly how it was made. So, I took it apart piece by piece and made my own that are exactly like yours. I did every detail that you do. Now I sell my birdhouses at craftfairs around the country. All thanks to you!

That wasn't wrong was it?

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Goldbeaver:

I love discovering your new blog! Thank you for sharing your philosophy on love and plastic yarn designs with us.

I am in Johnson City, Tennessee. Will you be coming through my area anytime soon? We have a bazaar at our church and I will be selling my plastic yarn crafts to benefit the orphaned children of China.

This Canadian oregano sounds like a marvelous spice. I will be checking at the Piggly Wiggly for it this week, to spice up my spaghetti sauce.

Blessings! Paige Page

(yes, I married George Page, so there you go)

bencandance said...

Dr. GoldBeaver, it seems like people are desperately wanting your help. I hope you are able to come back soon and offer these fine people the same kind of great advice you gave me on the phone the other night!

Thanks again and I'll let you know then the herbal packet arrives!