2293120236_5729ccf796

Monday, February 25, 2008

A Bonus Post...The Origins of Goldbeaver

Young sweet innocent thing asks an excellent question...

Your name is quite interesting....I was curious, does it have any significance such as Tailor, Taylor was common for Tailors or Baker for Bakers.... what exactly is a gold beaver?


Well, to be honest Young Sweet Innocent Thing, Goldbeaver was not my birth name. The last name given to me at birth was Finkelstein. I spent much of my teens & early 20s traveling the world with Windsong Busstock, a band of 10 amazing musicians who hail from my home town of Beaver Falls, PA. In between one of our many stops on the '69 world tour we decided to participate in a weekend retreat involving an ancient sweat lodge ritual to cleanse the spirit and achieve oneness with Mother Earth. The ritual was lead by a wise shaman, and during the course of the ritual he discovered the true spirit animal living within me was a beaver with a beautiful golden aura. After this amazing revelation he began calling me by my new spiritual name, Goldbeaver...and by the time the weekend retreat was over I had decided to adopt the name as my own, to serve as a constant reminder that we must always strive to be one with Mother Earth and respect all her creatures.

Dr. Goldbeaver

3 comments:

bencandance said...

That is an awesome story Dr. Goldbeaver. I am so glad you visited my blog so that I could learn about yours!


I shall bookmark it and visit again.


I bet you have many interesting stories to tell. :)

Anonymous said...

Dr. S. Goldbeaver-

I have a problem that I believe you may be able to help me with. I am a 60 year old widow and I delight in long walks with my poodle darlings and doing the daily Jumble in the newspaper. For the past 3 months, my newspaper has been missing. I talked to the sweet little paper boy and he assured me that he has been delivering it. He suggested someone may be stealing it! Who would do such a thing?! Last month I decided to wake up early and catch the thief in the act. I set the alarm for 5:00am and sat in the darkened living room waiting. I saw little Steven throw it into my driveway and not 5 minutes later HE appeared. My neighbor from next door ran and grabbed my newspaper and he was completely NAKED. NAKED. In the nude. Buff. In his birthday suit. I could see his twig and berries waving in the wind! I was completely shocked and horrified and the next morning I again woke up at 5:00am to catch site of this sexual deviant. My problem is, I have become quite addicted to watching my next door streaker in the mornings and I am still without my Jumble. What should I do?

Sincerely,

Franny

Anonymous said...

OH MY.....

such a touching, spiritual romantic tale Dr. Goldbeaver.... thank you so very much for sharing....

that is the utmost in significance to my mind.